What is thatch?
*Thatch Thickness chart
What is lawn dethatching/power raking?
- A thick thatch layer blocks sunlight, water, and nutrients from the soil.
- A power rake combs out a portion of that thatch layer.
- Sunlight, water, and nutrients are able to enter the soil.
- Roots grow deeper and thicker, grass grows thicker, taller, and darker.
In Cedar City lawn dethatching, sometimes called lawn power raking, thatch is “combed” out of the lawn. Lawn thatching can be performed by hand with a thatch rake. It is hard and tedious work. Image raking, while applying a lot of pressure, your entire yard by hand. We’d be tired just thinking about that. Enoch lawn dethatchings can be performed with a motorized dethatcher that saves time and does a better job. When we do lawn power raking in Cedar City many people are amazed by the amount of thatch that is pulled from their lawn. Many lawns have gone years without having thatch removed. We run into many people that have cared for their Enoch lawn the same way for years and wonder why each year it looks a little worse. While a lawn dethatching service is most likely not the only reason it is usually a major part. In Enoch lawn care there is a variety of elements required to have a thick and healthy lawn.
How is lawn dethatching in Cedar City performed?
Thatch rake in action
Motorized Power Rake
Benefits of Power Raking in Cedar City and Enoch Utah
- Better water, air, nutrient penetration to the roots
- Reduction in chance of lawn fungus & disease
- A more weed resistant lawn (thicker grass)
- Better water absorption (less run off & puddling)
- A more even lawn with less mower scalping
- Stronger roots